We are based in Linköping Sweden and we are the company behind the worldwide known WoodEye scanner, that detects all kinds of defects in wood and is the brain and eyes of wood working lines for furniture components, window frames, parquet and lots of other solid wood products. Our scanner is with its user-friendly and unique detection the market leader in modern wood working industry.
We are looking for an Engineer working with setting up high-technology equipment to match the needs of our customers in the wood working industry. Commissioning and then tuning of the equipment for automatized quality control in accordance with the customers individual demands. You start out as Technician, in order to learn the technology from scratch and may later on continue in the service department or advance to Project Manager. You, along with the responsible salesman, will be technically responsible for different customers applications. Throughout the process, you are involved in reviewing the technical documentation and offering the correct solution to the customer, as well as setting up and delivering the scanner system to the customer. You must enjoy working in our customers location´s all around the world with a lot of traveling and managing multiple projects in an international environment. Your main working area will be Eastern and Central Europe, with the base in Linköping, Sweden. Worldwide job travels are possible.
As Service technician you do setups of scanners, install them on site, work in our helpdesk with helping customers all over the world fixing different issues that can appear when they run with the scanner. Here one needs to be analytical and pay attention to detail to be able to solve the more unexpected errors. Travelling around to customers doing service visits going their scanners and their performance is also a standard working task.
The assignments as Application Engineer focuses on management and coordination of our delivery projects, where you are responsible for planning, setting up, verifying and documenting your and the teams results in accordance with the set schedule and budget. The role is to coordinate activities both internally and externally and coach your team members in the project to achieve the overall goals. You will work with tuning and setting up the WoodEye scanner for different kinds of applications in the wood working industry.
To master this role as good as possible you have a set of different talents. You should have an engineering education as a good starting background and have a good theoretical base as well as some previous working experience. Preferably you have good knowledge in at least one of the following disciplines: electronics, mechanics, programming, wood working mechanization or optics.
Relevant experience and abilities
- Engineering degree B.Sc; M.Sc suitable for the job. Alternatively extensive experience in software, electronics and/or mechanics, with a technical background
- Experienced user of Microsoft office package including Word, Excel and Power Point as well as technical documentation
- Fluent in Russian and preferably in one other Slavic language – writing, speaking and reading close to mother tongue level in at least one of them and fluency in the other one
- Fluent in written and spoken English, especially technical.
- Drivers license
- High willingness to travel, travel typically corresponds to from one to a maximum of 2 weeks per delivery project.
- You should also have a fully functional colour perception
Meritorious if you have
- Minimum one year of working experience in a similar position as Project Manager or Application Engineer or as technical specialist from the relevant industry area (wood working or sawmill)
- Knowledge of one additional other language such as Polish, Czech, Slovak, German or other languages.
- Knowledge of Swedish is a plus, but not a demand at all
- Having a permanent residence permit in Sweden or another EU country is a bonus, but not a demand for this job, applying from abroad as possible. We would then arrange the necessary permits
This is a unique opportunity to work with a world-leading company and the most high-tech product there is in the wood-working industry.
A highly qualified work in Sweden or Germany, with organized relocation if applicable.
If you are interested in the role as Application engineer/ Service technician contact Mr Andreas Nyander.
firstname.lastname@example.org or +46 13 460 51 00